The GENERAL AMBIENCE SERIES: A modular approach to the ambitious project become one of the largest and most versatile ambience sound effects libraries on the marked. High quality, detail, versatility and diversity will set this library apart from other products. You can expect monthly releases of small ambience packs in the future to keep the quality standards high and constantly grow the library over time.
This Urban City Ambience Sound Effects Library is part of the General Ambience Series by Systematic Sound. Urban City 02 extends the series with the first ambience library in 5.0 Surround. This time, I’ve used a Sennheiser MKH 8040-30 DMS system which has differences in tone and features a much more precise and stable image compared to the ORTF array used in Urban City vol. 01.
In this release you will find 82 brand-new high quality recordings that will complement the ones you own from vol. 01 to give you even more flexibility in post.
Obviously all kinds of traffic related ambiances are included as well as more quiet ones that feature all the nuances of urban air-tones, tonal hums and deep city rumbles. I've recorded in residential areas and city parks to capture peoples typical urban city life activities and well as the fast and busy life downtown in the center. The recordings have been made at different times of day and in different weather conditions (rain, wind, etc.). To capture the acoustic properties of the urban environments, I placed the rig in the middle of huge empty squares, in narrow streets, recorded the typical slap back echos you typically get between high buildings. To even get more variety, I placed the rig in small and larges alleys (with trees and without) as well as in tiny corners, under canopies and even in underground passages.
This release is meant to complement vol. 01, rather than to replace it. You can even bundle vol. 01 and 02 up to get a nice discount.
Stereo 2.0, Surround 5.0
General Ambience Series - Urban City 02 (Surround)Product Specs for General Ambience Series - Urban City 02
|Product Specs:||General Ambience Series - Urban City 02 (Surround)|
|Minutes of audio provided:||364 min|
|Sample Rate / Bit Rate:||96 kHz / 24 bit|
|Documentation: Metadata sheets are delivered in four different formats for your convenience:||Stereo Version:
- GAS - Urban City 02 2.0.txt (tab-stopp separated text document to open and edit the metadata in an external programs like Excel or import as a new database into Soundminer or Basehead).
- GAS - Urban City 02 2.0.xls, GAS - Urban City 02 2.0.xlsx (Excel, Win & OSX).
- GAS - Urban City 02 2.0.numbers (Numbers, OSX).
- GAS - Urban City 02 2.0.csv (CSV, for further compatibility).
- GAS - Urban City 02 5.1.txt (tab-stopp separated text document to open and edit the metadata in an external programs like Excel or import as a new database into Soundminer or Basehead).
- GAS - Urban City 02 5.1.xls, GAS - Urban City 02 5.1.xlsx (Excel, Win & OSX).
- GAS - Urban City 02 5.1.numbers (Numbers, OSX).
- GAS - Urban City 02 5.1.csv (CSV, for further compatibility).
|Additional Notes:||Your download package contains all audio files in lossless .wav-format and a docs-folder with the metadata sheets, a EULA and the readme file.
This Product is UCS compatible. All metadata and file naming has been changed regarding that standard. Filenames are build of CatID_FXname_VendorID_LibraryID.
If possible, all sounds are been sorted by the new CatID conventions. A VendorCatID is only used if further differentiation is required. The newly added UserCatID is an iXML-field, that can be used by each customer.
|Version History:||1.0 - Initial release.|
Background ambiances with a thematic focus on:
Wanna try before buy?
1) Urban City Downtown Construction Site Skyscrapers Spacious
2) Urban City Downtown Main Square Traffic
3) Urban City Downtown Main Train Station Hall Train Arriving
4) Urban City Riverside Promenade Distant City Rumble
(Please note that demo files are reduced in quality to 48 kHz / 24 bit.)
Precise and universally compatible Metadata following the USC-standard.
Audio metadata can be viewed using some audio programs and database tools. This makes it much easier to find and manage sound effects. We use a professional standard of metadata so that every user gets the maximum benefit from it.